Thursday, June 04, 2009

Book Review ~ Dead Man Rising

  rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have become a FAN of the Dante Valentine books.


Dead Man Rising is the second in the series and I thought it perhaps better with the first book. My only beef with it, was that it suffered from the same thing many in-between books suffer from. It felt a bit like a connector book, getting us from book one to book three.


But I was okay with that. I WANT to get to book three :)


This book had a much better story arc, a much more tangible antagonist and in general a more satisfying read. 


What it lacked, and that I missed, was a strong love connection. 


But again, I kind of guessed that from the name.


However, book three promises to give me more of that demon love I enjoyed so much from book one. Oh yeah baby!