Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Night

Creative title, eh? Seriously, I had to sit with my eyes closed for a sec to come up with a title until I finally thought ... what the heck, and typed out my very clever "Sunday Night". It is, after all, Sunday night.

So I had my first week of working and all in all, it wasn't too bad! I managed to keep up on laundry (putting a load in before I left in the morning, and drying/folding it after work), I cooked for my family, I kept the house tidied up, I made calls to the phone and cable companies and others in an effort to trim our out-go, and best of all, I was not a horrid mommy. That is, until today.

Yesterday was going to be my big Clean The House Day. I needed to dust, polish, vacuum, clean the floors, scrub toilets. But I wasn't feeling well. I haven't been able to breathe very well lately. I thought it was just stress, but after yesterday I began to worry it was bronchitis or pneumonia; I haven't entirely gotten over the cold-gunk I had a couple weeks ago and I think it's moving down into my lungs. Anyway, I was so tired and worn down, having difficulty breathing. So I had to take it easy which meant my housework didn't get done.

Today I managed to do most everything I intended to do (like for my calling) but I just couldn't tolerate my children very well. Which made me sad because I so miss them and I needed an afternoon with them just playing and enjoying their company. Instead, I cranky and unpleasant like the Wicked Witch of the West. We normally have game day on Sunday afternoons, and while I played one game with everyone, I bowed out of the rest. The sounds of them having fun alternately made me feel sad because I wasn't with them, and irritated too. But I got tears in my eyes when I put the boys to bed and apologized for not being a very good mom today and they just hugged me and said it was okay. Blech. I'm not too pleased with myself tonight.

And then Stephanie gave me this award:

I can't imagine how I deserve it, but I'm not one to look a gift-horse in the mouth so ... Thanks!

I'm supposed to pass it on to other people, but I think all my friends have one! I think I'll hang on to it for a while and see who I find who doesn't have one and could use it. Does that sound fair enough?

Well, I'm feeling kind of down tonight so I think I'll sign off. I'm sorry for not writing brilliantly uplifting stuff here so that you can go away saying "Wow, that really made my day!" but I promise to try to bring a happier attitude next time! I think I'm just tired and a little overwhelmed. It'll get better. Hang in there with me, will ya?