Saturday, March 08, 2008

Mea Culpa

My friends, please forgive me! I appreciate those of you who have been still stopping by - but mostly I hope you've got me on your blogroll and haven't been wasting your time checking on me!

I have been surviving this working thing, my family too, but I've had precious little time for the things I enjoy - like writing and reading. But because you're my friends, and for some reason unbeknownst to me, you like to read my blog (you gotta be crazy, but I love ya for it!) so for you I'm going to make a promise:

I here by swear that I will write two new blogs a week.

There, I said it. And by golly, if I said it, you can count on it to be true! At least, until I un-say it!

OK, so umm, where to start? Work is going fine. I think I may like it. YAY! I have yet to actually start the job though as I am still in training. The boys are doing just fine with the new routine. We had some blips to work through the first couple weeks, but I think we are finally getting the hang of it all. David, however, is another story! He says to me: "I just want you to be home!" He's having a hard time being a work-at-home Dad when there's no stay-at-home Mom!

We had the boys' parent-teacher conferences last week. Gosh, I love the boys' teacher! Jackie Warner is the most awesome teacher, I wish we could take her with us through all the grades. I especially love how much she cares for my Charlie. I imagine Charlie can be a hard one to love because he's wacky and silly and doesn't care a whole lot for school. But Mrs. Warner is able to see through all that and not let it bug her - she sees the good in Charlie and I love her for it. Funny though, I think perhaps she doesn't care for Xan too much! It doesn't bother me, I just think it's funny because usually it's the other way around. Next year I don't plan to keep the boys together in the same class, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out for them.

Next week, Xan is competing in a mini tournament with the karate studio. Charlie has decided he does not want to participate. I can't wait to get back to karate myself! Me and David miss it a lot, but for now can't afford it. Soon though, we hope. Then the week after is the LDStorymakers Conference and I can't wait! I'm excited to go to boot camp especially.

OK, that's all the news I've got for ya tonight. Like I said though, I'll be back! BEFORE next Saturday too. Count on it!