Thursday, October 02, 2008

General Conference Questions

I need to poll all my LDS readers out there.
My family and I have the opportunity to go to the Conference Center for the Saturday morning session of General Conference this week. We wanted to go, while we had the chance, because after our move to Massacheusetts, we may never get this opportunity again.

But, I've never been to a General Conference session in person before, and I'm not sure if there's anything I can bring for my boys.

For instance, at home, we have a very well established tradition of staying put and listening to every session of Conference. However, they get to play bingo, draw and color, write in their journals ... you name it. As long as they are in the same room and are generally quiet, they stay very busy.

Can I bring a journal or notebook for them to write in/draw in during our session? I sort of assumed yes, because I had hoped to take notes myself, but ... if they are drawing, will people become offended?

I understand they can't kneel on the ground and write on their seat like they might at church but ... what do you think?

If you've ever been to a General Conference session with young children, I'd love to hear about your experience. Thanks a bunch!