Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I've Got Personality

My friend Tami had this cool personality test on her blog. It goes beyond your usual blogthing gimmick. I think this is the real thing. Well that, and they promote it not as a game, but as a tool to help you find your best place in the work force--reminiscent of those career aptitude tests we took in highschool.

Tami's said she was a Guardian, and man, it sure seemed to sum her up pretty darn well. So I did the test myself. And was not disappointed.

This personality test, called the Kiersey Temperment Sorter places individuals into one of four temperaments--Guardians (40-45% of the population), Idealists (15-20%), Artisans (30-35%) and Rationals (5-10%).

I am an Idealist.

I found it simultaneously flattering and comforting to read what it said about 'my type'. It helped me feel good about the way I am, even the ways I am different from other people (and therefore sometimes sticking points for me and my self-esteem) and the ways that I feel I excel.

The description is fairly lengthy, but in summary Idealists are:
  • Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
  • Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
  • Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
  • Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders.
I'm pretty pleased with that ;)

If you're interested in taking the test, go to Kiersey.com ... then report back and let me know what Temperament you are. It would be fun to see.