Friday, September 26, 2008

6 Quirky Things Tag :)

My writing buddy, Jennifer, tagged me ... I'm supposed to write six unspectacular things about me. Unspectacular, eh? That's impossible because everything about is spectacular, right? LOL. Yeah, umm, right. Whatever you say, doc.

  1. One of my favorite ways to deal with stress is to pluck my eyebrows. For some reason I find it really relaxing. *U* So if you see my eyebrows getting thinner and thinner and eve sometimes my eyelashes too, you can bet I'm feeling a lot of stress and anxiety over something!
  2. Unlike Jennifer, I'm an extremely good navigator. Well, Jenn didn't say she was a bad navigator only that she was directionally dyslexic. I, on the other hand, am really excellent at remembering how to get to places or 'sensing' which way to go. I'm my own personal Urim and Thummin. Come to think of it, this is also one of the gifts I am given in my Patriarchal Blessing ... that I have the gift of discernment so that I will be able to 'tell others the way that the Lord would have them go.' Hmm.
  3. I'm afraid of going DOWN on escalators. I have a really hard time stepping out onto the downward running first step. I HAVE to stand on the right and grip the rail and I always have to wait for at least three or four stairs to pass before I can step out.
  4. When I set my alarm, it has to be for exactly :00, :15, :30 or :45. If I miss by even a minute, I have to go all the way through the numbers again. It can't be for :02 or :47 ... that just won't work for me.
  5. I love to tickle but I absolutely cannot abide being tickled myself. Try it, and you're likely to get bopped in the nose, buddy.
  6. I am not terribly spontaneous. I need to have plans. I'm not a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kind of girl. HOWEVER, if I make double-date type plans, I'll almost always find ways to get out of it because I get anxious about it. I talk myself out of it. So if we're going to do something as a group of friends, it's almost better to get me just a day or two before the thing, because otherwise I'll probably back out. Then again, if you only give me a day or two's notice I'm likely to say no because you didn't give me enough time to plan for it. :P
So there you go. Everything you never wanted to know about me and then some.

I'm going to tag Stephanie, Shana, Karen, Jeri, Jen and Kristi. Except my blog roll isn't working right now so I don't have your blog addies at this very second ... I'll add them later today!  Here's the rules to your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Link to me in your post.
Mention the rules on your blog.
List six unspectacular quirks about yourself.
Tag six other bloggers by linking them.