Thursday, November 06, 2008

An Awesome Way to Organize Your Blogging Time

I have a ton of blogs I like to read, plus places to visit online. For a long time I was totally overwhelmed by the blog-load and either would end up reading the same blogs all the time (at the top of my list) or not reading any at all, because how do I read one without reading them all? I'm an equal-opportunity reader, after all. Heaven forbid I should hurt someone's feelings by not stopping by their blog when I had to time read so-and-so's blog. I'm sure ya'll know what I mean.

Google Reader didn't work for me. Blog rolls didn't work for me. RSS feeds didn't work for me. 

But RapSheet DOES work for me. It's still not perfect, still has stuff that needs to be fixed, still doesn't have stuff I wish it did, but for me it's awesome.

So here's what I did to organize my online reading time: I downloaded my own rapsheet. You can get your own by going here. Then I made a Monday/Wednesday/Friday sheet for those blogs that update often, a Tuesday/Thursday sheet, a Saturday sheet and a Sunday sheet. I filled up each sheet with the appropriate blogs or sites and voila! Now I can easily get my reading in and everyone's happy! 



So it's Thursday today, and when I logged into my computer this morning, I clicked on my T/TH RapSheet tab and opened the first blog. Because the sheets smoothly move on to the next one, when I have another minute, I can just click on the next blog because it saves my place for me. I don't miss any blogs that way and, well, it's just plain awesome, like I said. 

Check it out and let me know if it works for you too!