Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Put a Smile on Your Face

I spent a good deal of my day today feeling down and out. I wanted to post on this auspicious occasion, the first day with Barak Obama as our President-Elect, but until now I wasn't sure what I would say. 

Thankfully, I had the chance to listen to Glenn Beck today. After telling us we were not going to have a pity party on his show today, he said something very insightful.

"There was a revolution last night. It is the way America has revolutions. 
We don't have them with guns. We don't have them with violence. 
We have them at the voting booth, and it was a revolution last night."

He is totally right and so I will put away my frustrations over the election and fear for the future and put my shoulder to the wheel. I will prepare for the worst by making sure my home and my family are ready for what I fear might come. But I will turn my face to the sun and expect to feel its warmth.