Friday, December 19, 2008

Ask, And Ye Shall Receive

The other day I sounded a bit like a petulant child who, on the eve of Christmas, complains that she never gets what she wants. I haven't ever grown up, not really. I'm still the spoiled, whiney little girl I was.
However, as a grown up, I can appreciate the irony when the very next day I open my presents and find that very thing I was most hoping for. Umm ... thanks? And ... I'm sorry for being so whiney? I'm not sure that's enough to make up for it.

Because imagine my surprise when after begging the universe for the "Marie Antoinette" award, Stephanie over at Write Bravely (I've always loved her blog title - isn't it the best?) passed it on to me. I really appreciate this award, especially coming from Stephanie. She was one of the first writer friends I made in blog world and she's always been so kind to me. I look up to her and am touched that she would think of me for this award. Thank you Stephanie!

I do try to keep it real here. You might not appreciate the whiney nature sometimes, or the endless narratives of things that might not matter to you, or ... whatever ... but it's me. I am me, nothing more, nothing less. 

This is my journal, and it's pretty much stream-of-consciousness kind of journalling, but it is REAL, whatever else it is not. However, a few of you seem to not mind too much my mindless drivel, and I thank you. I do appreciate you, all of you, who take the time to stop by, to read, and sometimes to comment. It always helps, whatever my topic of the day, to know I'm not alone in this big ol' world, but that sometimes what I say strikes a chord with someone else and for a moment we connect. I live for that connection and think it's the most amazing thing the Internet has to offer. So thank you, all of you, for being here, for stayin' real right along with me.

I would like to pass this award along to Danyelle at Queen of the Clan. Danyelle has a smile that lights up a room, but even if you hadn't ever met her in person you could tell she smiles like that just from the way she writes. She has a beauty that shines through every post and I find very word to be true to who she is and what is in her heart. Danyelle's blog is a happy place to be.