Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Wild 'n Whacky 7-Things Meme

Karlene, Heather and Tristi all tagged me for this little meme.

The rules are as follows:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I actually went to three universities before I managed to get my degree.

I first went to the University of Guelph, Ontario.



Then I went to the University of Western Ontario
(which I was asked - kindly - please to not return until I got
my act together, lol!)


Finally, I went to Acadia University, where I finally (yes! finally!)
got my degree in political science.


2. My very most favorite thing to wear is my
Bobby Lawrence Karate sweatshirt.
I'd wear that darn thing every day if I thought I could get away with it. Oh wait. I do.
And I'm too lazy to get you a picture of me wearing it. ;P



3. My favorite-ever hymn is Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. I tried to find a youtube version of my favorite version, but I couldn't find one. Fiddlesticks does the arrangement I like, so I'll try to send you to a link where you can hear it here. It's a happy, up-beat version that just rings true to me. If the link doesn't work - sorry. You'll just have to trust me that it's really good!

4. In honor of Tristi's 'when I was ten ...' theme, I'll tell you something I did when I was ten:
On the way home from equestrian camp I sat beside a girl who commented on how hairy my arms were. Oh and my eyebrows were growing together. Eww! I promptly went home and shaved my legs, my arms and did a nice swipe in between my offending eyebrows! Dang, I'm striking out on finding you any pictures!

5. One of the hardest things I've ever done - in terms of facing my fear - was to give myself an intramuscular shot when I was away from home. We were about to do in vitro fertilization and I was out of state at an Opera competition. But I needed to give myself this shot if I was to stay on schedule and be able to get those embryos implanted! I faced that huge needle - I swear, the needle was three inches long - and after much humming and hawing finally plunged it deep into my thigh and depressed the plunger. Owie! But I did it, I was proud and I soon became a proud mommy of TWO!

6. Where other women have a need for shoes and purses, me? I like office supplies. If I'm blue and feel the need to shop, it's nice new pens, neat paper clips and pretty paper or notebooks that tickle my fancy!

7. And seven, lucky seven. In my lifetime, as I can recall, I have had 14 cats, 7 dogs, 7 hermit crabs, 3 birds, 2 hamsters and a handful of fish. I think cats are my favorite, with dogs running a close second. But I love all animals. The animal I most want but haven't my own yet, is a horse. I've done lots of riding in my past, but ... still want a pony one day, please, Fairy Godmother!

And now I think I'm supposed to tag other people but ya know? It's taken me like a week to get these answers together (and look how lame they are!) and I just can't think who hasn't been tagged by this little meme! By all means if you would like to play, leave me a note in my comment trail that you've responded and I'll come check you out! Play, play - it's fun! (haha)