Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Challenge to Myself ...

I wonder if Tristi Pinkston realizes what an amazing influence for good she is in other people's lives. I wonder if she has a big head because of it?

I mean, if you travel around BlogWorld long enough, you'll find dozens of references to how Tristi inspired this person, encouraged this other person, set a good example for someone else. Seriously, does she pay people, or what?

Thing is, I'm right on that bandwagon folks. I'm a huge Tristi-fan.

The first time I *met* Tristi was at the LDStorymakers conference in 2007. She was dressed up in a tutu waving a wand about. I think she may have spoken with a sort-of English accent, even though she is not from England.

And you know what? That's exactly how I see Tristi to this day. Except she sits on my shoulder, or flits through my brain saying "If you felt inspired to do it, then it's not a fantasy, it's your calling!" or "You can do it! Why would you ever think you can't?" And lately she's been zipping around telling me "If I can do it, you can too!" specifically referencing my dire need to get out and drop some pounds.

Tristi is a writer - but she's also a human being who in an effort to better herself shared her goals with the world and encouraged others to join with her. Because of all the doodoo I've been walking through lately I just couldn't think about my weight. But now that I can't fit into a darn thing I own, and I've officially tipped the scale to the highest I've ever weighed, AND life is settling into a pleasant little hum, it's time to focus.

(Hear Focus people! Focus! Except it wasn't Tristi who said that. Well, she might have said that, but not to me.)

So I hereby follow the example of my little fairy-friend and challenge myself to lose this darn weight already!

I am going to start out small. Move more, eat less. Simple as that.

I'm going to walk: I have a plan I found in Family Circle magazine that teaches a walking regimen starting with 5 days this week of a one mile walk in under 24 minutes. Next week it changes a little, but I can't remember right now what it is.

I'm going to follow the 0-5 scale for eating: Eat only when you're a '0', stop when you're full, like a '5'. When I feel a bit stronger, I need to get back on The Beach because I feel my blood sugar is all out of whack and I need to take better care of myself.

But baby steps, baby steps.

So ... here I go! Wish me luck! And Tristi? Thanks. :)