Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Love . . . Being

I'm going off of my list here. I've realized over the last several days of love posts that all of my loves seem to have a theme. I love most those things that have come at a price. 

The more I struggled, the more I appreciated the love I received. 

I am so thankful for the love I have in my life. For the freedom I enjoy. For my life. For being.

When I was a little girl I saw new and different worlds all around me. The ice crystals that formed in the canal housed tiny crystalline beings. The clouds held angels that sang and danced among their steppes and gullies. Those worlds filled me with wonder.

But the truth is, it is this life that holds wonder beyond my imaginings. Life is precious. Life is vibrant and real and full of possibilities. Just the act of dreaming can fill me with such hope and amazement. 

Life is all around us. It is in the stars that brighten a dark night, in the shimmers of sunlight on a puddle on the sidewalk. It is in the laughter of our children and the gentle touch of a lover. Life vibrates and hums all around us, in us, through us.

What a wonderful gift . . . to be.