Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fall

The other day, I was out driving around and had the radio tuned to a country music station. Clay Walker's song "Fall" came on and I listened carefully to the words.

I found myself thinking of my husband, and how I wanted him to hear this song. He does this for me--let's me fall apart while he takes care of me. His love is such a gift to me.



But then my thoughts went in a different direction.

Listening to the chorus, I realized they made me think of someone else who loves me--my Heavenly Father.

So fall go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you every time you fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt every fear, every worry every tear
I'm right here


This is what our Father feels for us, what He wishes to tells us. At least, that's what I believe.

With my Heavenly Father, I truly can fall apart. I can let myself fall into His arms, because He will always catch me. I can share every doubt, every tear with Him--He will always be there for me.

I know it might sound kind of silly to be thinking of Heavenly Father in the context of a country music song, but, hey, I'll take it. Sometimes I am too stubborn or too prideful to rely on God. I feel like I have to do it on my own--that I shouldn't ask for help.

This song reminds me that He loves me and that when it comes to Him, I don't have to be strong--He'll be strong for me.