Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday ~ We Surround Them

Next Friday, Glenn Beck is kicking off an event he calls We Surround Them. Over the past several weeks--months, and years actually, if you consider what he has been talking about for that long--Glenn has been talking about the principles and values of American society.

The media in general would have us believe that we, as conservative Americans, are in the minority. Glenn hopes to show that that is simply not true. We Surround Them is an opportunity for people to make their voices heard--not singly, but unitedly. 

Glenn says that if you believe in even just seven of the following nine principles, then you are one of US. 

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a conservative and that I believe in all nine of the principles listed below. My family has submitted our photo. We want our voice to be heard. We will be attending the We Surround Them kick-off party. We will be heard.

How about you? Can you agree with at least of these nine principles? Do you want your voice to be heard? Follow the links below, if you want to surround them, too.


1. America is good. 

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. 

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday. 

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. 

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. 

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. 

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. 

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. 

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. 


For more information on We Surround Them, please go here