Sunday, July 06, 2008

Heath Report!

I did it! I did it! I did it!

Well, I did something, anyway!

I did the hundred push up challenge - didn't skip that at all. I started out doing traditional push ups but by midway through the second day, I switched to the knee push ups. This felt a bit like cheating because it's much easier but they say it's okay and heck - if I can do even a hundred knee push ups I'll be happy. Plus, then it'll give me another goal to work toward - to be able to do 100 regular push ups. I'm definitely already feeling a bit stronger, which is a very happy feeling.

I did do my glider thingie (which is like cross country skiing) twice for forty minutes, and I rode my bike for about 25 minutes one day. I said I would exercise four - five times though, and I fell short by one. Oh well, I'm still quite pleased with myself.

I must say, I love riding my bike. I'm going to take a big risk here and say out loud (sort of) that I would really like to be a cyclist. Like you hear people say "some day I'm going to run a marathon!", well, I have zero interest in running a marathon. The whole pounding the pavement thing just doesn't do it for me. Riding a bike, now, that's thrilling. I love the wind in my face, the zoomy feel going around corners and over bumps ... it's just fun. I don't know what the equivalent of a marathon in biking is (Rick'll know this one!) but that might be something I'd consider. Except I don't know if I'd like to do road racing or mountain biking. I think mountain biking could be a ton of fun, but perhaps too terrifying.

All in all, a good week. I'm going to stick with the same plan, except I want to try to bike more. That was a lot of fun. How did you guys do with your push ups this week?