- I love Christmastime because it's a time I can freely remember my Mom without feeling apologetic about it.
- I love getting gifts and really think the twelve days of Christmas ought to be observed ... at least where I am concerned!
- I am a horrible gift-giver. I love to spend money on other people, so it's not that. I just don't think I'm very good at finding the PERFECT gift to give. And if it's not perfect I feel stressed and/or worried about it.
- I still feel the thrill of Christmas morning and can't help but wake up early (like 5:00 a.m.) anxious for it to start. I'm always awake before my boys waiting for them to wake up!
- I love setting a big beautiful table and sitting friends and family around it. Unfortunately we've only ever managed a little bit of family, but I keep the dream alive and hope ... one day ...
- I love to put Christmas music on and shake my tushie to the music and sing along while decorating my Christmas tree and baking cookies. Makes me happy.
- I always buy a new bird ornament for tree in memory of my mom. This year I got a glazed ceramic blue bird. Pretty little thing.
- Because my anniversary is on the 27th Christmastime just feels like one big celebration of our wedding - I love it!
- I have to admit I'm not big on decorating. I love the look and all it's just so ... much. So much for such a short period of time. I did a little less this year than in years past. Certainly if I'm expecting company I try to do more, but since we weren't expecting anyone (and literally, not a soul dropped by) I didn't do much. It's still important to do a lot of it for my boys though.
- My favorite Christmas song is "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" and my favorite Christmas movie is "White Christmas" though I didn't get to see it this year. I also love "Elf"!
- It's just not Christmas without a fresh snow.
- My favorite Christmas moment is singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" on Christmas morning, holding hands with my men (big and little), and then invariably we all hug. It's a sweet and special moment that helps me to remember what it's all about.
fan friday! - I formatted this book last year and I just learned that Lisa's next book is expected out shortly ~ so I figured it would be a good time to tell you about Q...
2 years ago