Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Twelve Christmas Thingies

Laurie (My Priceless Treasures) did this fun little thingy on her blog and I thought while it's yet the Christmas season (it is still, isn't it?) I'd post my twelve favorite things about Christmas or, twelve quirky things about Christmas a la Laurie:

  1. I love Christmastime because it's a time I can freely remember my Mom without feeling apologetic about it.
  2. I love getting gifts and really think the twelve days of Christmas ought to be observed ... at least where I am concerned!
  3. I am a horrible gift-giver. I love to spend money on other people, so it's not that. I just don't think I'm very good at finding the PERFECT gift to give. And if it's not perfect I feel stressed and/or worried about it.
  4. I still feel the thrill of Christmas morning and can't help but wake up early (like 5:00 a.m.) anxious for it to start. I'm always awake before my boys waiting for them to wake up!
  5. I love setting a big beautiful table and sitting friends and family around it. Unfortunately we've only ever managed a little bit of family, but I keep the dream alive and hope ... one day ...
  6. I love to put Christmas music on and shake my tushie to the music and sing along while decorating my Christmas tree and baking cookies. Makes me happy.
  7. I always buy a new bird ornament for tree in memory of my mom. This year I got a glazed ceramic blue bird. Pretty little thing.
  8. Because my anniversary is on the 27th Christmastime just feels like one big celebration of our wedding - I love it!
  9. I have to admit I'm not big on decorating. I love the look and all it's just so ... much. So much for such a short period of time. I did a little less this year than in years past. Certainly if I'm expecting company I try to do more, but since we weren't expecting anyone (and literally, not a soul dropped by) I didn't do much. It's still important to do a lot of it for my boys though.
  10. My favorite Christmas song is "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" and my favorite Christmas movie is "White Christmas" though I didn't get to see it this year. I also love "Elf"!
  11. It's just not Christmas without a fresh snow.
  12. My favorite Christmas moment is singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" on Christmas morning, holding hands with my men (big and little), and then invariably we all hug. It's a sweet and special moment that helps me to remember what it's all about.
This little meme is for anyone who wants to play along before the season is spent! Enjoy!