Monday, December 17, 2007

Tag Again!

It's been a while since I've played tag so ... guess it's time! Rebecca Talley tagged me for the "7 Things About Me" meme and then I'll tag 7 others.

Thanks Rebecca, it was fun!

Seven Things About Me:
1) When I was a teenager I briefly worked as a wrestling referee. It didn't last too long. I was relatively boy crazy but after seeing them, umm, grappling with each other and laying in weird and, ahem, disturbing positions together for long periods of time was just too upsetting. It threatened to mess with my view of the world. Like I said, it didn't last too long.

2) I have three brothers and one sister. They are 8, 10, 12, and 14 years older than me. My brothers are the oldest and I'm not that close with them, though I wish it were otherwise. Like I mentioned the other day, I wasn't that close to my sister either but I'm happy to say that has changed. All my siblings live in Canada, while I am in Utah, USA.

3) I constantly talk to myself and to other people in my head. Seriously. It's never quiet up there. Either that or there's singing. Lots and lots of singing. I never knew this was not normal until I told my husband about it one day ... unless of course it's HIM that's not normal.

4) I have always had a relationship with Jesus, even though my family did not go to church ~ my imaginary friend was Jesus. He used to come and have tea with me.

5) One Christmas when I was a little girl my Granny brought a home made shortbread over for Christmas. I remember disctinctly: She set it down on the coffee table while she went into the kitchen to help my mom. She said I could have a piece. "Ye can have a wee piece, if ye like," she said with a smile and a pat on my head. When she came back she discovered the whole pan was gone. Yep. Gone. Not to the dog, nor to anyone else in the house. To me ... all to me. I was a small little girl and I downed a whole oh, probably couple pound shortbread. And I'm talking about the traditional shortbread, baked in a spring form pan, shaped like a cake? Pieces cut in triangles that are like two inches deep? Yep, all mine. And it didn't make me sick, instead to this day I remember my Granny's shortbread as the very best in the whole world. Makes me so sorry I don't have the recipe.

6) When I'm feeling sad, the thing I love best is for my hubby to hold me and sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me. Chases all the sad feelings away.

7) I love the smell of the outdoors. Or, at least, some outdoors. I love to stand in an eastern wood, feet sinking into the carpet of leaves, the smell of damp bark, wet leaves, pine needles, moist soil, filling every particle of my being. I can close my eyes and drink it in and feel like I am in heaven.


Rules of the Meme:
1) Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Tag, you're it:
Ok, I need to include a caveat here: I have been a very bad blog reader lately, so please forgive me if I've tagged you and yet you've already been tagged. Can you do that for me? Thanks!

Shanna
Jen
Karen
Jaye
Anne
Stephanie
Susan