Thursday, January 17, 2008

Country Music Wisdom ~ "My Wish"

About a year ago I started listening to country music. Up until that time I had vehemently detested country music for it's twang mainly, but I also thought it was all about loose women and heavy drinking.

I was painting Charlie's room and hating every moment. I so want to be a do-it-yourselfer but the truth is, I really stink at painting. To add to my misery I could only get the country music station on Charlie's little radio so I was stuck listening to it. I was rolling paint onto the ceiling, when an amazing song about a little girl knowing that Jesus was real because He had come to her and comforted her in her time of need. Next thing I knew I was crying big gut-wrenching sobs and ta da I was converted to country music.

It's true that there is a lot of twangy country music and some of it is not inspiring (ha!) BUT there are also tremendous life lessons - true wisdom.

So I'm going to start a new thread here on my blog, in part to help keep my spirits up and because, well, it's my blog and I'll write what I want to!

Check out this song, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Have a listen. 'Nuff said.