Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's Off To Work I Go ...

It's off to work I go!
Hi Ho the derry-oh,
It's off to work I go!

Yes, yes, I got a job!

or

Oh man, I got a job :(

I don't know whether I'm happy or sad over this. I'm very conflicted.

On the one hand, I got a good job (inbound sales for banks and credit unions calling in to purchase banking products) at a good rate of pay and benefits will be available for a reasonable price after just thirty days. Can't beat that. After six weeks of training, I will be able to work a shift that will allow me to be home for the boys every day after school. The atmosphere at this place seems fun and up beat and a friend who works there confirms it really is a great place to work. So ... YAY for me. Right?

But then again ... I'm scared to death! Wah. I have to get up in the morning at like 4:00 or something like that to be to work by 6:00 A.M. !!!!! I have to tell you that I am NOT a morning person. I've been very grateful my whole motherhood-life that my boys are quiet in the morning and happy to be by themselves for a bit because I like to sleep! See the things I do for my boys? I am going to get up super-dee-duperty early so that I can be there for them when they need me. Also, it's just a job and not at all what I want to be doing.

OK, I said it and now I'm done with the complaining. I swear! I am very happy that I got a good job so quickly and that I was able to get a shift that will disrupt my family as little possible. Plus, it really is only temporary until David gets a job.

Which, by the way, is looking very promising. He has had three interviews so far, many calls from recruiters and potential employers and even, today, a job offer from a military contractor contingent upon that contractor winning a bid for the military. We won't know on that for another month or so, but it was a feel-good thing and gives David a major boost in his confidence. IF the employer wins the contract than David will be the lead for the project which would be great for his career. We are definitely being blessed and I truly don't believe he will be out of work for long.

Today David told me that the reason why he feels so happy, even though, is because he has faith in Heavenly Father's promises. His comment prompted my blog on ldsblogs.com today - come check it out! I can't tell you how wonderful it is, how comforting it is, to know my husband is faithfully seeking Father's help and diligently living and behaving in a manner that would ensure his worthiness of future blessings.

That is a blessing to me and our children and I am very grateful for it! I am also thankful for all your prayers on our behalf. Thank you for thinking of us and for all your words of encouragement! I'll keep you posted on how things progress.